UA-47203708-1

Monday, June 3, 2013

Thrifty Meals

As you can tell from my last post, I love being thrifty. Don't get me wrong, I love to spend as much as the next person,, but there's a special kind of kick I get when I use just what I have.

On this occasion, it was last nights dinner.

I'm seven months pregnant and generally getting to the point where I can't be arsed to do anything. Add to that a busy weekend of visitors and a baby shower and the groceries just didn't happen.

All I had left in the fridge were three baby capsicums.

In the freezer, a pathetic portion of pork mince that didn't make it into dumplings... enough for a sad little pattie.

In the cupboard, I have random half to almost empty packets of all sorts of things, including rice.

Put 'em together in some desperate fashion, and you get:

Stuffed capsicums, with a side of steamed Edamame (because I had half a packet in the freezer).

I was pretty pleased with myself, not least because I'd had the epiphany for this while I was actually grocery shopping last week and fell in love with very cute peppers.

Mr Frog wanted sauce, or maybe the capsicum was bitter, and "Babe you can cook Edamame as much as you want"....

Tonight, I've sent the husband to pick up a few things from the shop... will be interesting to see what combo's he comes up with!

MC

No comments: