UA-47203708-1

Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Family Tree

So I mentioned a little while ago that Mr Frog spotted an MDF tree in Kaisercraft and suddenly felt that we needed one. I wasn't overly excited, or motivated, but a craft project is a craft project and so I went at it.
It started with a tree, and some paint....

I painted the front cream, and the edges dark brown. Easier said than done!
Then I tore up a sheet of scrapbook paper and stuck the pieces over the majority of the limbs and leaves.


Glued, but scrappy...
I then sanded the edges of the over hanging paper, with a nail file; much easier than an actual piece of sand paper.

All sanded and pretty... but the torn edges were white...so...
using a bit of sponge and some cream paint, I dabbed all over the white bits.
Mr Frog wanted Owls, but the ones we bought didn't go with my colour scheme. So I glued some paper onto a cardboard box rescued from the recycling bin...
and cut out little owl shapes.


Some black and white pics of our families (minus a couple that I haven't printed yet)
And voila, Our Family Tree.

Now, Mr Frog will probably have some helpful "suggestions" to make it better... but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

MC

No comments: