UA-47203708-1

Sunday, February 23, 2014

All wrapped up

I love birthdays. I love xmas. I love random, made up reasons for gift giving.
I just love giving presents., especially when a) I've managed to find the "perfect" present, and b) I'm able to wrap said gift in something fabulous. A well wrapped gift adds to the sense of occasion about the whole affair. Sometimes, I get too excited and get it wrong, sometimes I try too hard.

Sometimes, I get it right.


Clearly, I love a theme.

It all started with the card. Silly me forgot to take pics, due to the screaming tadpole I had in the background. I also made a mistake ("Happy Birthay"), which was rectified somewhat by just cutting the mistake away. (Nobody will ever know)


Take one paper bag from my favourite store. (To see why, head here) If I love anything more than gift wrapping it's making something plain, pretty. Cut two pieces of coordinating (or not) scrap booking paper big enough to cover up the advertising. Glue.



Then add gifts, top with slightly bunched tissue paper, and accessorise with matching ribbons.


Voila, there you have it. A colour themed gift.

For AMAZING gift wrapping ideas, head over to my idol, Rebecca. She rocks.

MC

6 comments:

Kimbo J said...

... and I love amazing gifts! ThankyouThankyouTHANKYOU!!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

What the....? ME??? You are too sweet, my dear. Your bag looks perfect: not too plain, not too fussy. And I just can't get enough of your recycled projects - if anyone rocks, it's YOU!!

Sam said...

You're welcome!

Sam said...

Aaawww, that means a LOT coming from you! Thank you so much :)

Dani @ The Domestic Darling said...

Ohhh I get a little too excited about wrapping presents, it makes it way more exciting when they are wrapped beautifully great job :)

Sam said...

Thanks Dani! I agree, there's something very exciting about a well wrapped gift, never mind the gift its self.