UA-47203708-1

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Oops, Here it is!

I know, I know. I'm late with the easy peasy gift idea.Well, you know what they say. Better late than never! Now that the xmas storm, has died down, and I am finally starting to recover... here it is. The simplest gift anyone can make.
I present to you: Bath Salts.

First grab a non porous bowl, and throw in a cup of Epsom salts, and a cup of rock salt. Then add your choice of essential oil, just a few drops, and a few drops of food colouring. (Don't add too much- nobody wants purple bath water). Pull on a rubber glove and massage for about five minutes, mixing the salts colour and oil.

Note the pale colour... not quite pink. Might be best to use decent gel food colouring, not the supermarket stuff that's been in the cupboard since the dawn of time.

Next, line a baking tray with baking paper, and spread the salts out. Leave for about five hours, or over night.



It's not your eyes, I made two different colours.




All you need to do now is package up your creation and give it a pretty label! The easiest way is to grab a jar and fill it up. You can get cheap jars from most $2 shops, or you can even use a jam jar.






I sent some of my salts to my French family... so to make the parcel lighter, I made these:


Grab yourself some plastic bags from the $2 shop, throw in some salts, make a paper label like this:


Fold the top of the bag down a couple of times, and staple the label to the top, ensuring you've closed the bag in the process. Voila! A little more time consuming sure, but postage is expensive these days!

There you have it, easy peasy to make, and a treat to receive. You could make a whole bath pack, just by popping down to the supermarket and grabbing a loofah, shower cap and a make up bag.

Hope you all had a Joyeux Noel, see you in the New Year.

MC


















No comments: